Friday, October 8, 2010

Arms and hands works

I'm having such a difficult time getting Melania's arms done. Muscle man looking forearms and a thick finger look is so unappealing on such a graceful doll...lol

First, I got the fabric sewn and the arms looked passable . As my attempt at making articulated fingers,was that of a novice, I was so excited that the fingers looked so normal and that the pipe cleaner and stuffing of the hands looked quite natural. So far,so good.

Now, came the hard part. Placing the clay over the fingers and arm of the doll. But with a coat of gesso and lots of patience it stuck on.

After working the clay on those itty bitty appendages it looked a total mess. (Sausage fingers and a palm that looked like a basketball players dream). So before the clay dried, I manipulated the wires to shape the hand, into a more natural position.


Sanding in between the fingers, was difficult but I need to use a finer grade of sandpaper to get a more polished look to the hand.

Now I just have to attach them to the doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment